Top NewsDesign Our 2013 Rally Logo!
- First Place - Barrett Jones
- Second Place - Robert Ellis
- Third Place - Michael Glaiel
Update: Since upgrading to Facebook's new group system, the MOV group has started to take off. We now have over 100 members sharing photos, videos and ride reports. Come join us!
See past entries in Old News.
Upcoming EventsJune 14th-16th - South of the Border Rally - Lake Carmi, VT
The club reserves lean-tos and campsites that should accomodate everyone willing to squeeze in. If you want your own private site, reserve early at www.vtstateparks.com or by calling 888-409-7579.
Camping at Carmi means tent and lean-to campsites that will accommodate the following:
- Lean-to campsites with enough floor space for 4 to 6 bags (10 ft X 13 ft). Tents may be placed outside the lean-to. Max of 8 bodies per site. First come first served.
- The club has prepaid the first 4 bodies per site. An additional cost of $5 per person for numbers 5 to 8.
- Additional campsites and lean-tos are available.
- Check in time is 2pm (must arrive by 9pm) and checkout by 11am. Quiet time is observed from 10pm to 7am. More information can be found www.vtstateparks.com or by calling 888-409-7579.
- Each site has a fireplace (firewood available $) and picnic table. No electric or hookups. Water, bathrooms, hot showers ($) are available. There are swimming beaches. The campground has no "camp store" or food on site.
The best part about this is the MOV will be providing food and coffee free to members. Nonmembers fee is $20 and a membership to BMWMOV. This includes Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast and dinner, Sunday breakfast. Your other meals and drinks are your responsibility. The menu will be Mexican and South Western inspired food with vegetarian options. You won't go hungry!
Directions: From Enosburg Falls drive 3 miles west on Route 105, turn north (right) on route 236 for 3 miles. Park entrance is on the left. Lake Carmi State Park; 460 Marsh Farm Rd; Enosburg Falls, VT 05450. Phone 802-933-8383
View Larger Map
Please email John Fish if you intend to participate or to help with food planning!!!!!!!
We will be providing route sheets for tours of the Northeast Kingdom.
For the Notch hop, meet at Shaw's parking lot in Bristol (map) for a 10 am departure. You can ride your own ride or group up with whoever else is there. This is a self-directed ride. You can ride the Brandon Gap on Rt 73 (map), Middlebury Gap on Rt 125 (map), Lincoln Gap Road (map) (partly dirt), and/or the Appalachian Gap on Rt 17 (map). Catch a couple gap roads before the BBQ and another one or two later.
Directions from the North
Route 12A South through North Charlestown Village. Take left onto Unity Stage Road. Cross Route 12, as Unity Stage Rd. continues. In approximately .6 miles, take RIGHT onto to Roberts Road (first paved road on right). At end, take LEFT onto Borough Road. When paved road turns to dirt, our home will be 1.5 miles up on the dirt road on LEFT. Arrive at 1169 Borough Rd. House number is on mailbox on right; driveway opposite. Phone 603-826-4401
Directions from the South
Take Route 12 North past Charlestown business district to Unity Stage Road.Turn RIGHT (East) on to Unity Stage Rd. In approximately .6 miles, take RIGHT onto to Roberts Road (first paved road on right). At end, take LEFT onto Borough Road. When paved road turns to dirt, our home will be 1.5 miles up on the dirt road on LEFT. Arrive at 1169 Borough Rd. House number is on mailbox on right; driveway opposite. Phone 603-826-4401
While the emphasis here is small bikes and Class IV roads, the big-screen presence of Marianne Faithful should appeal to riders of all kinds, so don't be shy. There are two nice inns less than two miles away in downtown Saxtons River if camping isn't your thing.
Please, please RSVP (and get directions) by emailing Eben.
Subscribe to our calendar in iCal or RSS.